Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, the Director of Marketing & Communications will execute a comprehensive and effective coordinated marketing and communications strategy for CJPAC’s organizational brand, programs and campaigns. This includes implementation of CJPAC’s new marketing and communications plan.
The Director of Marketing and Communications must have the ability to think strategically and act tactically to develop, analyze, manage and execute all marketing and communications functions, with emphasis on:
- promoting and protecting the CJPAC brand
- continuing to expand the reach of CJPAC’s brand into communities outside of Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver
- recruiting new participants for CJPAC’s programming and nurturing existing relationships
- supporting the efforts of CJPAC staff across the country
- Coordinating and executing marketing campaigns to mobilize members of the community to engage in Canada’s democracy, including upcoming provincial and federal elections
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be expected to develop and implement effective strategies to achieve these goals, with an emphasis on collaboration with other departments. These strategies will include but are not limited to all media (digital, social media, print, electronic) programs and events, with the stated goal of building brand recognition and increasing engagement and support. The Director is supported in his/her work by the Marketing and Communications Specialist.
The ideal candidate will bring a creative yet practical approach to marketing and communications. She/he will have deep knowledge of the Jewish community and of the Canadian political system. This individual must be able to juggle multiple urgent priorities in a fast-paced and demanding environment, while ensuring that long term priorities are not lost.
She/he will be expected to oversee CJPAC’s long-term marketing vision, while consistently producing short-term successes along the way. Success and accountability will be based on agreed-upon metrics. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Strategic Planning & Implementation
- As a part of the CJPAC senior leadership team, determine strategy and key goals; develop a comprehensive and integrated plan/direction for marketing of the organization and its programs
- Work across the organization’s local and national initiatives, using all appropriate media to create and execute innovative strategies and campaigns that inspire engagement opportunities and assist in fundraising efforts
- Work closely with the senior management team to build CJPAC’s strategy for the 2019 Federal election
- Work effectively with the marketing and communications committee of CJPAC’s Advisory Board
Management & Administration
- Communicate and work with the rest of the CJPAC staff and leadership (including the marketing and communications committee) on marketing related matters
- Manage the Marketing and Communications Specialist
- Provide leadership and coordinate with staff across the country to ensure that marketing and communication efforts are coordinated, consistent and appropriate
- Prepare and present performance metrics and reports
- Onboard new staff to ensure clear and consistent messaging
- Serve as liaison to consultants and selected contractors
- Oversee the marketing, communications and advertising budgets
Creative Development & Direction
- Refine and enhance brand identities
- Develop and implement campaigns to promote brand recognition and to significantly increase political activity within the Jewish and pro-Israel community
- Write and develop communication pieces to ensure that CJPAC’s voice is consistent and used appropriately and effectively with target audiences
- Identify partnership opportunities that will enhance CJPAC’s brand and programs
And other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong presence, strategic judgment and common sense necessary for effective leadership
- Solid understanding of the Canadian political landscape and partisan politics in Canada
- Understanding of the Jewish and pro-Israel community landscape in Canada
- Exceptional analytic, interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Innovative and critical thinking skills; ability to solve problems
- Ability to sell ideas and concepts and work persuasively and collaboratively with colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree; minimum five years of communications and/or marketing and/or political experience
- Demonstrable interest and commitment to the specific vision and mission of CJPAC
- Experience with media relations, issues management, social media and managing a content calendar
- Experience with digital content management (wordpress, NationBuilder, etc), google analytics will be considered assets
- Bilingualism will be considered an asset
CJPAC is a national, independent, not-for-profit multi-partisan organization. For over thirteen years, CJPAC has worked to engage Jewish and pro-Israel Canadians in the democratic process and to foster active political participation. CJPAC’s unique programs and events inspire Canadians with all levels of political experience – whether new, curious, or already engaged – to become more active in the democratic process.
CJPAC is a high-energy and entrepreneurial environment where new ideas are welcome. For the right individual, this is an exceptional opportunity to inspire community members to build relationships within the Canadian political arena and to work with incredible leaders in the Jewish community and the political sector from coast-to-coast.
Should you have any questions regarding this opportunity, or wish to forward a cover letter and current resume for consideration, please contact:
For more information about CJPAC, visit our About Us page.